You can throw efficiency, accountability, prudent management and logic out the window with the current Conservative government. Instead of doing the right thing and cutting down on their fat, they unnecessarily increased it and are continuing to increase it as we speak. But that is not all. Parts of Tony Clements’s ‘accountable’ spending in his riding is being exposed and it most certainly will get ugly.
Who here is fed up of watching governments scream austerity and prudent management that hurts people while they keep their luxurious conditions in tact? I am. I believe that government should incur cuts to be more efficient and to ensure that the money that we collectively pay for the services we want go directly to the services we want.
Here we have a Conservative government that is so obsessed with power and feels so much of a monopoly that they are continuing to distance themselves with financial and political reality.
While the media won’t remind you of or make a big deal of the G20 spending, rest assured that I represent the rest of us who care about how our tax money is spent.
Here are the expenses that we all collectively paid:
- $1,600 to remove a bed
- $500 to remove a light fixture
- $3,000 to raise the largest chandelier
- $1,450 to move furniture between rooms
- $1,650 to move a king-sized bed and headboard
- $8.2 million for food, beverage and accommodation
- $95,000 to renovate office spaces
- $33,617 for anew computer room
- $30,386 for additional wall panels
- $1,650 for bathroom amenities
- $5,662 on data and phone cabling
- $4,654 on door locks
- $7,650 for ducts and exhaust fans in leaders’ lounge
- $780 for floral refrigerator
- $1.1 million to renovate delegation accommodations
- $700,000 for creation of meeting rooms and a media center
It appears that we have been taken for a $2 million ride. Why would you need to pay $1,600 to remove a bed? Why do you think you are entitled to luxuries? Why do you come back to us and tell us you have no money when you could easily afford this?
This is what could be forked out of barely documented expenditures and if the rest of Clement’s bills look anything like this, he needs to be fired before he lands this country into bankruptcy.
What a waste of money. Welcome to Conservative Canada.